Problem when installing Postgre SQL

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby Harrold » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:12 am

I get the first error, then I tried to run PT3 and the second error is the one that occurs because of the first error in installing postgre SQL.
Harrold
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby bigbobm » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Im encountering the same problem, and I do not have postgresql on my service list
bigbobm
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:15 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 am

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any answers to this problem as of yet.

We will be releasing beta 4 within the next day or two which will install PostgreSQL 8.3. Lets try this again with 8.3 and see if it goes any smoother. If not, I will do further research.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby Barkfeld » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Also the same problem here...
Barkfeld
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Beta 4 will be released, literally, within hours. Please try again with B4 and see if that makes any difference. If not, I will try troubleshooting the issue again. We will get it working :)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby Barkfeld » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:23 pm

Hmm... I tried uninstalling and installing it once more and this time it works. I don't think I did anything different so it is a bit weird.

Thanks though. :)
Barkfeld
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:25 pm

Is this with the new Beta 4? B4 contains a new version of PostgreSQL and the installer should have less issues...

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby MMark516 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:26 pm

i am trying to install from beta 4 and i get this error....i had 8.2 working, deleted it like the other post says, now i get this error
MMark516
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:50 pm

To clarify, you get the initdb error or the unable to connect to the PostgreSQL server error?

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Problem when installing Postgre SQL

Postby MMark516 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:13 pm

i get the initdb error...the one while postres is still installing
MMark516
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests