PokerTracker 4 & ARM processors

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PokerTracker 4 & ARM processors

Postby wall of velvet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:52 pm

Hi,

I've been thinking about upgrading my 10 year old x64 laptop to ARM powered Macbook Pro M3 (16GB).

I would likely be installing Windows 11 for ARM natively on this laptop, as some poker sites that I play on, only provide native client for Windows.

My question is that will PT4 run on an ARM based operating system? If it does, is it through emulation? If so, should I be worried about performance issues?

There aren't really that many alternative for ARM laptops besides Macbook, and Snapdragon ARM laptops might take another year or two.
wall of velvet
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: PokerTracker 4 & ARM processors

Postby APerfect10 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 am

Hello,

PokerTracker is not yet compiled for ARM. PT4 will run fine on Apple silicon via their translation layer. It's so good you can't even tell.

With that said, we do intend to eventually release PokerTracker for ARM (both for macOS and Windows); however, I do not have a timeline for that process to happen.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PokerTracker 4 & ARM processors

Postby howiepoker » Mon Jun 08, 2026 5:41 pm

Any update on ARM compatibility?
howiepoker
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Re: PokerTracker 4 & ARM processors

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 09, 2026 5:30 am

The latest PokerTracker 4 releases for macOS are a universal build that supports Apple Silicon natively. Regarding native Windows ARM support we don't have a timeline for that.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rico Suave and 20 guests