Page 1 of 2

SQL problems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:44 am
by Kms8
I got a new MacBook, and after I unistalled pokerstars and pokertracker on the old MacBook, I started having problems with applications on the new one. I can go to pokerstars again (me have helped in the support service), and when I try to go to pokertracker, I get the error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 am
by Flag_Hippo
When you installed PokerTracker 4 on the new Mac did it ask if it could install PostgreSQL for you? If so did the message at the end indicate if the install completed successfully or not? Do you see PostgreSQL in your Applications folder? If it's not there or downloading and installing automatically via PokerTracker 4 you can download PostgreSQL v10 from here. Using a Mac administrator account or administrative privileges install that PostgreSQL and for the password boxes use "dbpass" (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. Once PostgreSQL installs successfully restart your computer and then try PokerTracker 4 again.

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:24 am
by Kms8
Everything is working. Thank you very much!

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am
by Flag_Hippo
Pleased to hear you've resolved the issue :)

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:04 pm
by Kms8
Kms8 wrote:I got a new MacBook, and after I unistalled pokerstars and pokertracker on the old MacBook, I started having problems with applications on the new one. I can go to pokerstars again (me have helped in the support service), and when I try to go to pokertracker, I get the error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".


After installing the system Monterey returns the same error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration". Old methods don't help. Can you please tell me what can be done?

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:08 am
by fabadam
Kms8 wrote:
Kms8 wrote:I got a new MacBook, and after I unistalled pokerstars and pokertracker on the old MacBook, I started having problems with applications on the new one. I can go to pokerstars again (me have helped in the support service), and when I try to go to pokertracker, I get the error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".


After installing the system Monterey returns the same error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration". Old methods don't help. Can you please tell me what can be done?


I had the same problem (see other post). All the downloaded PostgreSQL install images kept giving me problems.
I have now solved it by installing PostgreSQL from another source: from Homebrew (https://brew.sh). This is a software repository for Linux-type software on the Mac.
Note that that means you start with NO database in Pokertracker!

It also has PostgreSQL. So I did this:
- install Homebrew - go to the above site and follow instructions
- brew install [email protected]
- brew service start postgres
- Download and Install Pgdadmin 4
- Open it and connect to your DB server (address localhost, port 5432)
- Create a role postgres with password you like. Give that role all privileges.
- Now start PokerTracker 4 and create a new database

The above has worked for me, but is not ideal since you lose your old database.
Somehow there is something wrong with PostgreSQL's service in Monterey. I do not know how to solve that.

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:33 am
by Flag_Hippo
Kms8 wrote:After installing the system Monterey returns the same error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration". Old methods don't help. Can you please tell me what can be done?

Please open a Support Ticket where one of our technicians can assist you further.

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2025 11:30 am
by jonb2020
hi I'm getting this error and i have trawled through the forum and tried everything and still cannot get it to work, please help!!!

Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 5432 failed: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections? connection to server at "localhost" (127.0.0.1), port 5432 failed: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections?

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2025 1:53 pm
by Flag_Hippo
Is this a new or existing install of PokerTracker 4? Do you see PostgreSQL in your Applications folder?

Re: SQL problems

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2025 12:02 pm
by nick popageorgeo
i also am trying to get pt4 to work on a new mac
seeing: unable to log into database (postgres). reason: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed. no such file or directory is the server running locally and accepting connections on that socket? please help!